TSKmount runs on Linux, BSD and other Unix systems, see requirements below for details.
TSKmount-Fuse is a free software; you can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the terms of GNU GPL version 2 license.
- perl-Fuse (debian package: libfuse-perl)
- Fuse (filesystem in a userspace) (fuse-utils, libfuse2)
- The Sleuth Kit unix tools (sleuthkit)
Mounting device /dev/hda5 on /tmp/fuse empty directory:
tskmount /dev/hda5 /tmp/fuse ### wait the "Ready" message before going to /tmp/fuse ###Unmounting filesystem:
fusermount -u /tmp/fuseRead tskmount(8) manpage for more details.
- Device or image file must be readable by the user, so you may have to do "chmod o+r device" as root before if you intend to use tskmount with common user rights. And don't forget to "chmod o-r device" after unmounting :-)
- Copying files is really slow and if size is more than 8 MB you shouldn't try to copy the file directly. Instead use the "icat" sleuthkit command like tskmount will show you in the alert message.
- Mounted filesystem is readonly.
- Don't expect miracle, only a small part of the files can be recovered.
More useful informations can be found here.